Sudan announces first coronavirus death

March 13, 2020
Sudanese Health Minister Akram Ali Al-Tom speaks during a press conference in Khartoum, Sudan, Friday, March. 13, 2020. Sudan reported its first case of the coronavirus , a person who had already died. (AP Photo/Marwan Ali)

Sudan announced on Friday its first case of the novel coronavirus following the death of a 50-year-old man the night before.

The Sudanese citizen had recently been in the United Arab Emirates, the health ministry said in a statement, without providing further details.

Dozens of COVID-19 cases have been recorded in the UAE.

Sudan on Thursday announced a series of measures against the novel coronavirus.

It closed its land border with Egypt and suspended flights from China, Iran, Italy, Spain, Japan and Egypt, a government statement said.

Sudan would stop granting visas to nationals of those countries and Sudanese were advised not to travel to them.

Mass gatherings have been discouraged, and the government has asked the health ministry and military medical services to prepare quarantine centres.

AGENCIES

Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish, please reach us through [email protected]

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Categories

First Covid-19 case happened in November, China government records show - report
Previous Story

First Covid-19 case happened in November, China government records show – report

Tycoon Hamis Kiggundu donates 200 bicycle to Rural Clerics
Next Story

Charity: Tycoon Hamis Kiggundu donates 200 bicycles to Rural Clerics

Don't Miss